Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016

Top 5 Essential Things To Bring To Ireland

Hi Guys!

I must admit that I'm kind of in a reading slump right now, so I was wondering, what could I write about instead? Of course, my AuPair adventures are a pretty obvious choice. So I decided to tell you which 5 things I find most useful and I'm most happy that I brought them. I guess you could also call this post 'Top 5 Things To Bring To Any Travel', but judge yourself.

5. A good camera


I don't want to say that you need to bring a big and bulky DSLR with a second lens like me, but I promise at some point you will be very happy if you have a camera that takes decent pictures if you zoom, for example.  










4. A water bottle

Seriously. You will want to spend your money on something else than buying bottled water all the time. About 2 weeks before I came here I bought a metal water bottle for about 10 Euro, and it already paid off so much! I really recommend getting a metal one, because you can also put in other things like tea or juice and the material won't take the taste. I always had that problem with my plastic bottles. But if you are only going to use it for water, a plastic one is also fine of course!





3. A bagpack


It's much better to have the weight of all the stuff you're carrying around all day divided on two shoulders instead of one when your're using a handbag. It's also nice to have your hands free. I personally own a Fjallraven Kanken, which is perfect for cities and also stylish, but terrible for hiking. Or for the summer, on that matter. It just has zero air condition for your back. 






2. Comfortable Shoes


This is pretty obvious, but you should really, really bring shoes that you know you can walk in all day. If you only travel with a carry-on and don't want to bring extra shoes, go for a pair that has thicker soles and that are waterproof. I have three pairs of shoes here, my trainers from my favorite brand, 
then some nicer booties, 
and my winter boots that are almost knee high. 

1. A jacket for every weather


The weather in Ireland is way better than it's reputation, but you should pack for every weather anyway. My jacket here is water repelant, windproof and has a thin fleece inlay which makes is really warm. The inlay and the outer jacket can be worn seperatley, which is really great. It also has biiig pockets for all my stuff and a nice hood.You should invest some money in a good jacket, because it's likley you will have it for a few years at least. 






What would you recommend to bring to Ireland?

xo, lisa

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen